Monday, December 12, 2011

How can i get rid of a 'default' on my credit file?

I recently discovered i have a default on my credit file which is preventing me from getting a mortgage through a reputable lender.

The default is over a mobile phone contract for 100 quid which i simply stopped paying as they wouldnt give me any option to terminate the contract when i temporarily moved overseas, and since i had moved i didnt receive any of the warning letters.



I have sent several letters asking if the default can be removed given the circumstances ( and i have paid the full ammount owed) but the phone company insist they will not remove the entry.

i can get a shady mortgage through dodgy firms ok but i feel this is unfair since this default is the only blot on my credit file and i refuse to be forced down this route.

any similar experiences?

would i have been better off settling the account by some other means than complete payment?

thanks for any help or advice.How can i get rid of a 'default' on my credit file?
the best way is to wait for it to expire. I am not familiar with the laws in the UK but I am sure they are similar to in the US. Here, the maximum time anything can spend on your report is 10 years (judgements and serious repossessions) and other things last 7 (bankruptcy and most loans) or even only 5 (this is for things like checking accounts)

If you paid the balance in full, your report should indicate that. But you cant make them remove the delinquency from your report.
  • villa rental in cancun
  • raising a kitten
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment