Monday, December 12, 2011

How do I set my Microsoft Word 2000 to my default program to open documents?

It always opens in Microsoft Office or something and it asks about setting it as default and I choose no, but .doc files always open in Office, not notepad or Word. I have a Windows 98, so how can I set Word as my default program for documents?How do I set my Microsoft Word 2000 to my default program to open documents?
Right click on a .DOC file and select 'open with' then hit browse. When you find Word. Select word and check the box that says ';Always use the selected program to open this type of file'; and hit OK. This will set Word up as your default program to open .doc files. Do the same with .txt and .rtf if you wish.How do I set my Microsoft Word 2000 to my default program to open documents?
right click on a file that has the extension .doc and got to properties --%26gt; under the general tab it should say ';opens with:'; click on change to change the default program

No comments:

Post a Comment